Sunday, June 3, 2007

Are you ready for cards???

I went to a stamp camp last night. I was not overjoyed w/the demo. She was a little snotty & she changed the rules last week that you had to spend $50 to attend her camps (prev you had to pay $10 which she waived IF you ordered $50). Anyway, when we got there we found out that she was only $2500 from getting her free cruise. Do you think that that had anything to do w/her changing her rules??? Oh well.

We made some really cool cards. I wish she was nicer (or closer, she's about 1.5 hours from my house!!!) We did 3 techniques and 2 cards per technique. Last night I was chomping at the bit to get home & play w/the embossing powder. I hope that this impatience lasts I can start stamping again!!

This is the swing card. She cut all the pieces of this card but gave us a diagram so we can make them at home!! The first one used the designer paper. The double sided paper was really neat for this card but I'm afraid it was a little too lightweight to make this card effectively.


I love the reverse scallop used on the blue card. Unfortunately, there is no "stop" on the punch to make the scallops even. We also did the "rock & roll" technique on the large flower stamp. Stamped in the blue & then rolled the edges thru the red.


I've kinda gotten away from inking the edges of my cards. I used to do it all the time. I think I need to do it more often. Maybe not on EVERY card but here & there. I really like the look.






We used watercolor paper for this card. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about these cards. The heart one was supposed to have butterflies on it but, I HATED the butterflies so, she brought me the hearts. Maybe I should have stuck w/her design?




I'm really starting to dig the blue & yellow combination. Actually, I'm digging yellow a WHOLE lot. I seem to be using it alot. In fact, at this party, I ordered a whole package of yellow paper. I hope that I continute to like this color!!



And the funnest cards, the ones that make me want to get out all my embossing powders (I think I only have 4 but 2 are gold and copper!!) These was so much fun to do!! I want to try it with EVERY stamp I own to see what they all look like!! Neato!!!











Here is a close up of the "coin" I smeared some choc chip ink to make the words stand out more.






This is the final card, also done w/the faux metal technique. I find this whole technique amazing but, then I LOVE anything done w/embossing powder. It really has the WOW factor as far as I'm concerned. Now, to save this feeling of wanting to stamp & get some cards done!

6 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

Wow! What a great batch of cards you did. That's wonderful. I haven't done a swing card yet but I want to try it. i need someone to show me how. Can you come on down to NC and show me? :) Glad you had fun! Sherri

shuggy said...

cute, cute!! how do you do that embossing thing???

Tami Bayer said...

Great cards! Love the faux metal technique. You can ink up the stamp before you put it in the hot ep for more depth, too. Glad the stamp camp turned out ok.

K Hutchinson said...

WOW what great cards from your stamp camp! They are all so cool! Love the swing cards and the faux metal one!

Does attending one of those stamp camps just make feel all happy that you did so much in such a little time!

~K

Julie Prichard said...

Wow- you WERE really busy! Nice cards!

Thanh Vo said...

Holy canoodles lady! You posted so much while I was MIA... Im going to start with this one and back track to the most current now. These are really neat cards, and I agree. I LOVE inked edges - so yes, you should do it more often.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I live in Southern IL, near StL. I've been married to Scott for 26 years and we have 2 kids: Becca 21 & Nick 19. We have a kitty named Jack. I work as a medical biller. Scott is an auditor & travels about 2 weeks of the month.

Counter