Friday, July 9, 2010

Friends with Flair Friday!

Happy Friday Y'all!!!

Boy, is it just me or does this week seem to have RUSHED by! I guess it's that whole Monday Holiday thing. Spent the week being chauffeured by my beautiful daughter. She's doing so well; hasn't hit anyone or anything yet!! She's getting better & better each day!! And I'm a little calmer. Her brother is not used to riding w/her yet. Says he's going to bring a Bible & a pillow. I'm not quite sure what the pillows for. Cushioning himself in case of a wreck??

I did a little better on getting my FWF card done. I did it at 11pm last night (while the Cubs blew their lead!) I'm happy w/the concept but not quite the execution. I think that has to do w/the fact that I did the stamping on vanilla cardstock & the b/g paper is too WHITE! I tried to find a Pretty in Pink/Vanilla combo but was too tired. LOL.

So, I used a journalling stamp WITHOUT any journalling (thanks for the idea Shuggy!!) Trimmed the inside image to it around a circle. I love how that looks!!

When I originally inked the butterfly, I thought it might be too solid & boring so I "kissed" it w/a swirl stamp before stamping. I LOVE how this turned out!!! Made the butterfly really have some pop to him (can you have a pink BOY butterfly???) Here's a close up of the butterfly "texture". Isn't it cool?

Supplies: Stamps -- Unity Everything Extraordinary (butterfly), Growing in Unity (swirl), Following My Heart (journalling block) and Purple Onion (sentiment), cardstock -- SU, Ink Pallet Hybrid, SU markers, SU Pretty in Pink, nesties & SU DSP.

Next on the hop is AJ or you can head back to the Unity site for the whole list. Have a FAB Friday!!! I'm off for Joplin & Springfield, MO next week. I guess that means I'll have to do my H{Ippity} Hop & FWF card BEFORE I leave. Yikes!!! Hope I can manage.....

21 comments:

Donna said...

OOh,so pretty! I love how you framed the butterfly. I love how it came out with the kissing technique. I really need to try that.

Elisabeth said...

Oh my this is lovely!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So pretty and soft tfs!!!!

Lesley said...

Pretty card!

Regina said...

I LOVE the delicate look of the butterfly in the frame - and great pairing of colors. Beeautterflybeautiful.

marilyn said...

Great design--definitely have to try this technique.

Martha said...

what great way to use that stamp set.

lynn said...

this is darling!

Rona said...

very pretty!

Angie Blom said...

oh my your son is a funny one... maybe the pillow is just incase he needs a nap .. hehe.. your card is beautiful Suzi. so glad your daughter is doing great driving.. I can't wait for my son to drive me around.. even though he probably doesn't..hehe

Pamela said...

Great card!!! :)

She said...

Lovely card. x

Karen said...

So beautiful! Love it!

Anita said...

So cute! I love the way you framed the image!

shuggy said...

suz!! this is awesome! i love how you made a frame. and how the butterfly is swirly!

Tanya said...

THis is fabulous!!!

Wendy said...

soooo soft and pretty. love it.

FibreJunky said...

Pink was originally a boys' colour, so absolutely your butterfly can be a he! And he is gorgeous!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Jen said...

That is a great idea and I love that technique too!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I live in Southern IL, near StL. I've been married to Scott for 26 years and we have 2 kids: Becca 21 & Nick 19. We have a kitty named Jack. I work as a medical biller. Scott is an auditor & travels about 2 weeks of the month.

Counter