Tuesday, October 4, 2011


This angel & the sentiment are the reason I never loved this stamp set.  I felt they were both not my style.  Too froo froo, even for Christmas cards.  THIS CARD changed my mind!!!  I LOVE everything in this set now!!  All 4 images are from this set, the angel, the sentiment, the music (seen above & behind the angel) and the crackle (under the angel).  Once again, this is all glimmery paper.  We sanded the heck out of the gold & I think it looks soooo cool!!  Then, stamped the crackle w/walnut stain.  The angle & music are a black ink & then the sentiment was stamped in versamark & embossed w/distress embossing powder.  Then we "smeared" walnut, peeled paint & pumice stone on the edges. 



Then, the BEST part was the GLITTER!!!!!

We just used regular ballpoint pen glue & scribbled as if the Angel were throwing glitter.  But this glitter is MEGA COOL.  And Mega Chunky!!!  I loved it so much I had to buy it.  Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter!!!!  Gives me the warm fuzzies just thinking of it. 

I will be making a version of this for Christmas.  If you get it, try to look surprised!! 

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I live in Southern IL, near StL. I've been married to Scott for 26 years and we have 2 kids: Becca 21 & Nick 19. We have a kitty named Jack. I work as a medical biller. Scott is an auditor & travels about 2 weeks of the month.

Counter