Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flutter Butter (flies)

I am NOT a fan of butterflies. I realize I'm alone in this & it makes me WEIRD. I also hate sunshine, the color yellow and baby harp seals. I'm not wired properly but, it's who I am & I know you all love me (don't understand me but, you love me!!)

Anyway, I got my first Unity set the day that Christie hosted a butterfly swap. Although I hate butterflies, there was an adorable butterfly in my set so I joined. (Not realizing no matter how cute my ATC was, I'd be getting 8 different ones that might skeeze me out!) When I went to stamp my planned ATC, I discovered the adorable butterfly was in fact, a dragonfly!!! (I do like dragonflies & other creepy crawlies in stamp form, just not butterflies!) Ok, now what? I don't have a lot of butterfly stamps 'cause, I don't know if I told you this, I HATE them. LOL But, I had another Unity butterfly stamp (apparently, Unity LOVES butterflies! How incredibly normal of them?!?!) and thus, this ATC was born.

The antennae was an AHA!! moment that was SOOO much easier in my brain than in real life. I fought & argued & cursed those stinking beads so much. It took hours for my brain to wrap around the idea that the WIRE needed to wrap AROUND the bead to keep it in place. I am VERY happy with the results tho. The butterfly swap is "winging" it's way back to me as I type. Can't wait to see what I'm getting back.

Supplies: Stamps -- Unity Growing in Unity, Cardstock -- SU, Ink -- SU & Stazon, PP -- My Minds Eye, TH Die, SU Circle Punch and Provo Craft embossing folders, Wire (MM) & Beads (Mill Hill) from my stash.

I do believe this is the most time "butterfly" has been said in a blog post....

1 comment:

shuggy said...

you always can make me giggle. i do like this card!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I live in Southern IL, near StL. I've been married to Scott for 26 years and we have 2 kids: Becca 21 & Nick 19. We have a kitty named Jack. I work as a medical biller. Scott is an auditor & travels about 2 weeks of the month.

Counter