Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Sunday!

First off, I'm fine after the accident. My neck & shoulders are a little sore but not nearly as bad as I thought they would be. I'm so glad I didn't go to the Dr. or the ER 'cause I would have felt like a fool now.

I promised myself yesterday that I wasn't going to waste all day on the computer. And I didn't. I read all the post at the Shack to start the day & said I wasn't getting back on until I had accomplished something. So, I left at 9am to go to the PO (all my valentines are FINALLY mailed) then the auto parts store for brakes for the red car. Then, I took the kids down to the party supply store to buy beads for Mardi Gras. Then bowling. We came home, ate lunch & then went shopping.

DH wanted to go to a base-ball card convention & since there was a Target next door, we went with him. Becca wanted a pink DS Lite and we couldn't find it around here. This Target has like 5 of them. Becs was VERY HAPPY!! Then, we saw that they had clearanced all thier World Bazzar stuff to 50% off! I had wanted this white drawer unit for Becca's room since I saw it but there was NO WAY I was paying $150 for it. I said I'd wait until it went 50% off. It was 30% off on Friday and I considered it but, when I saw it for 50, it was MINE (or hers I guess). We also bought her the matching chair for her computer desk. Now, her computer desk looks like crap compared to these 2 cool pieces but, we'll get her a new desk sometime.

After Target, we went across the street to Best Buy so I could buy St. Elmo's Fire for $6. I wanted to go to Office Max & look for my favorite off white speckled paper but, I was soooo tired by then. Scott was getting hungry so we stopped at Outback for dinner. YUM!!!!

While driving home, I called my mo to see if she wanted to go to Hobby Lobby with me. She said she did & said dad would drive since I was sore & didn't feel up for driving. I bought a set of Art Warhouse stamps (interactive Christmas Circles -- woohoo!) 2 brilliance stamp pads & a big circle punch. All half off so I got them all for $28!!!

Then, we tried to find the nursing home that my Uncle is going to be moved to on Monday. We got lost like 3 times. But, getting lost w/my dad is actually kinda fun. I think my dad and I are the only ones who truly understand each other: we both have the most twisted since of humor! Finally found the nursing facility and it's gonna be more than an hour drive for my aunt. We were really hoping it was a MUCH shorter trip.

As part of the "agreement" for my dad to drive, I had to go to Walmart w/them. After all that, I finally got home at 10pm. Becca's computer wasn't accessing the internet AT ALL so I had to fix that. Finally dropped into bed at about 11:30 and never did get back to my computer. So, I honored my agreement to NOT spend the whole day on the computer but I STILL haven't played w/my Bellas. And now I have new toys too!! Today, I will STAMP!!! OR ELSE!!!


shuggy said...

booogala, boogala, boogala, ahh ahh ahh!!!

Julie said...

Wow- all that driving made me tired and I wasn't even there! :)

Sara71 said...

Hey girlfriend!!!!! Glad you made it to HL!!! I wish I would have had the time to go back and get more stamps but ah well you know... life happens!!!! Had to work today, then met up with dh (and I don't mean dear or darling) at a friends Daytona 500 party, then home. I am glad to hear you are okay. Tomorrow I am off, but Kim and I have a hair appt and I HAVE GOT TO DO MY STUPID NURSING RESEARCH CRITIQUE PAPER.
Scan the stamps you bought at HL so I can see them!!!

Love ya!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I live in Southern IL, near StL. I've been married to Scott for 26 years and we have 2 kids: Becca 21 & Nick 19. We have a kitty named Jack. I work as a medical biller. Scott is an auditor & travels about 2 weeks of the month.