Friday, February 16, 2007

What I won't do to get out of cooking dinner!!

This morning, when I asked dh what he wanted for dinner, he said he didn't care but we had to eat at home. He thinks we've been eating out too much. Well, I was driving Becca home from school and, since I had to go to the bank & PO, I had to change my route home. Half-way to the bank, I was stopped at a stop light. Suddenly, something hit us from behind, HARD!! Becca FREAKED out!! We pulled off the road & waited for the police. My van doesn't even LOOK damaged but, dh got rear ended a couple of years ago. There didn't appear to be any damage so dh didn't call the police or get any info from the other driver. Less than 2 mos later, the fuel pump went out. The garage that fixed it said it was most likely a result of the accident.

Anyway, the girls insurance expired YESTERDAY. I don't know what that means. I don't know if she'll get it reinstated or if the ins won't even let her do it now. So, I reported it to my ins & now have to wait until Tue for an adjustor to call. I took the car in to be looked at and the bumper is sprung and will cost $700+ to fix. I guess we'll have to pay our deductible and fix it ourselves.

By the time that all got done it was after 5 so dh said we could grab a burger out. Yea, no cooking for me!!

DD is ok (no bumps or anything). My neck & shoulders are sore but it could just be tension. I'll see how it is tomorrow. It could have been a whole lot worse. But, I never got to the PO to mail all my shack-related mail.


On a happy note, my Bellas came today. Woohoo!! I hope I'll feel well enough to play with them tonite!

3 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

Oh you poor thing! Thank god no one is hurt. At least I hope you're not too sore in the morning!! Take a nice hot bath and relax tonite!! Sleep in late, that will surely help right? Sherri

Sara71 said...

Okay, you win, your accident tops all the bad crap happening to us lately. I hope you and Becca are okay, that is the most important. Take that broad to court to get her to pay your deductible if you have to. You shouldn't have to pay squat on something that wasn't your fault. Actually your insurance company should do that for you.

Love you!
SARA

shuggy said...

i'm glad you are all okay! how scary!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I live in Southern IL, near StL. I've been married to Scott for 26 years and we have 2 kids: Becca 21 & Nick 19. We have a kitty named Jack. I work as a medical biller. Scott is an auditor & travels about 2 weeks of the month.

Counter